Please note that the front of the church is being renovated and the scaffold is covered in red canvas. In case you are feeling lost, please note that the way IN is still via the main gate in Cambridge Heat Road.
Double Attack on Our Mental Health
• Service Users claiming Income Support or Incapacity Benefit will be switched to Income Support Allowance & may loose £27 a week.
• East London community mental health services are being cut by £14.6 million with a loss of 97 posts. This will include Tower Hamlets, City & Hackney and Newham boroughs and doesn't stop there.
Meet with Mental Health Resistance Network to plan our fight back!
Among the speakers there will be:
George Paton: spokeperson from UNISON;
David Amery (Housing Link) will offer information about the benefit reassessment procedure;
Dave Skull will update us on the work done by the Mental Health Resistance Network and the Legal Action they are working on. No time to wait and see...
Last week events, a week long protest, the Hardest Hit March and the news coming from Birmingham encourage people to get involved in the decision of their own fate, rather than wait and see... Even share and spread the info is a bit of action.
Here a few other events to look forward to:
- Wed 25th May: TheSurvivors History Group meets for the bi-monthly appointment for the Survivor Historians and Survivor Researchers meet. It meets at Together, 12 Old Street, London EC1V 9BE (1-5 pm)
(ask at reception) http://studymore.org.uk/mpu.
- Sat 28th May - MAD PRIDE - 'A GATHERING OF NUTS IN MAY'- (8pm- late) @THE GROSVENOR - 17 Sidney rd.STOCKWELL SW9 OTP- (Admission: £5 / £2 Concession). Another fundraising event set up in aid to cover the costs of the work being carried out by the campaign of the
Mental Health Resistance Network. Live music, poetry and performance
- Wed 27th July - SPEAK OUT AGAINST PSYCHIATRY (4 – 6pm) outside the Royal College of Psychiatry, 17 Belgrave Square, London, SW1X 8PG 4 – 6pm on the 27th July 2011 outside the Royal College of Psychiatry A chance to "influence" the ones that decide what's good for our mental health
- Fri 11th November 'Alternatives Within and Beyond Psychiatry'. A conference organised by the Soteria Network to take place in Derby. It will have some influential international speakers which work and write in the mental health field. http://www.soterianetwork.
DO GET INVOLVED ABOUT YOUR MENTAL HEALTH!
DON'T BE A PASSIVE NUT OR YOU'LL BE CRACKED!!!